Dents are sometimes unavoidable since they might occur by fault of yours. Therefore, keeping your car dent free and looking as good as a new becomes difficult because in case of a major dent, we try to avoid expensive car dent repair since it takes a lot of money to get even the simplest of the car dent repair job done.
Even the most careful drivers cannot avoid dents in their cars because it may occur due to someone else’s fault.
At the same time, you have to do it because leaving dents on the car makes it very unattractive and unimpressionable. Major car dent repair could cost a prohibitive amount of money. Hence, you might like to save this expenditure by carrying out car dent repair yourself.
The most important parameters that you need to know for carrying out any car dent repair are the dent size and the degree of severity of the dent. Small car dent repair generally involves simple processes like hammering and pressing until the dent is fixed. However, large car dent repair might involve replacement of the damaged part of the car, which is very costly.
Learning about car dent repair is not at all difficult and is pretty much an easy step-by-step process:
1. Go through specific car dent repair guides and get familiar with the preliminary stuff.
2. After getting all the preliminary material, you must gain knowledge by viewing some videos showing car dent repair processes.
3. For car dent repair you need materials like hammer, wooden blocks, electric drill, cellulose body stopper, sand paper, wire brush, etc.
4. The preliminary car dent repair is done by simply hammering and pressing the damaged area. If it does not work, then the car dent repair is carried out by putting a wooden block under the dent and then hammering it from above to change the shape of the dent.
5. The process used in car dent repair when the damage is critical is drilling a hole through the damaged area and then filling it with fillers like tin or wooden blocks and painting it to cover the repaired area.
Car dent repairs need stable and deft hands along with great deal of patience which would ultimately pay off in the form of saving car dent repair bills.